Sunday, May 01, 2005

like i need another internet fad to obsess over...

I dont know what a blog is...I signed up out of o-bl0g-ation ( I couldn't resist). I am, however, taking pride in knowing that I am the first of my friends to register for what I am sure will soon become the next internet craze.
I think I will find blogging (can i call it that charlsie?...I'm not down with the lingo yet) useful when: the facebook is temporarily down, i've run out of nintendos to bid on (and get outbid on) through ebay, i'm up late finishing a project that i started the night before the due date, or it's raining.
Today was a normal Sunday. The pool, driving down sanford with Paul Welch, eating icecream on North Campus, talking about which aquatic animal is scarier: sharks or alligators (p.s. alligators, hands down because,as paul welch said, " you never hear of some freak wanting to dive with alligators"), watching at least one O.C. rerun (favorite quote from today's episode: "I had to block you from my buddy list you were so incessant"-Julie Cooper), and reading chapters from Me Talk Pretty One Day when i haven't laughed in a few minutes.
We are about to go to On the Border--because it's been nearly two days since we last ate there, then Jared and I might go downtown to study at one of the coffee shops because it makes me feel smarter.

"I spent months searching for some secret code before I realized that common sense has nothing to do with it. Hysteria, psychosis, torture, depression: I was told that if something is unpleasant, it's probably feminine. This encouraged me, but the theory was blown by such masculine nouns as murder, toothache, and rollerblade...What's the trick to remembering that sandwich is masculine? what qualities does it share with anyone in possession of a penis? I'll tell myself that a sandwich is masculine because if left alone for a week or two, it will eventually grow a beard...Say what you like about southern social structure, but at least in North Carolina a hot dog is free to swing both ways."-Me Talk Pretty One Day

2 Comments:

Blogger -blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

"Believe My will is what you should desire. You will not be disappointed" -Jesus Christ. Lookit our URL and discover which Way is up. God bless. www.reddink.com/INDEX

2:56 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Thanks to Charlsie, you're now privy to countless law blogs of varying degrees of hilarity and/or pointlessness. She's a tip-top pal. Welcome to the darkside.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home