Wednesday, May 04, 2005

do you take checks?

So, contrary to what my friends think, this time it really wasn't my fault that i lost my debit card last week. How can i possibly help it if the machine decides to eat my card. I simply can't. A machine is going to do what a machine is going to do. Because of this, my vocabulary the past week has been confined to sentences such as, " do you accept checks?," "do you need my driver's license number?," and my mother's personal favorite," i guess i'll just have to use my credit card." Some common responses have been," uh no" (with an implied "it's 2005, idiot"), "oh...cool checks, yeah...go dawgs!," "i just put money in your account and you've been using your credit card for a week!?" and, my very personal favorite," I'm sorry, we don't accept checks, but we do take check cards!"
We just got back from On the Border (gasp!), and my mom wont be excited to see that on the credit card for the third time....this week. It is a little embarrassing when the waitress greets me with a ," what's up! how are exams?" But i sort of like being a regular. I mean, i can think of no better place. It can get annoying though when i actually want to order something other than fajitas and they look shocked and sometimes irritated because they have to whip out the notepad. Whatdoyado?
I have a final in the morning that i have yet to study for. CHFD5110: Research Methods? Okay, what this has to do with child and family development is beyond me, but i was the genius who picked the class out of all of the other ones listed in my "fun pack" (this is what my advisor likes to refer to the list of options required under my major). I guess after i clean my room, watch meet the barkers, change all of the facebook walls i desire, and have absolutely nothing else to do...I'll study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home