Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I'm going back to D.C. in July because...
1. Jennifer and Emily live there
2. It was fun learning new phrases like "smoke pole."
3. I never knew how much fun it can be to grill out on the george foreman...extension cord-style.
4. I loved the world war 2 memorial, and since ashlee's never seen it we'll have to go again.
5. hanging out at the waterfront was fabulous.

6. boys love to buy you drinks (or at least offer).
7. i hope to find the cab driver i made best friends with.
8. the little burger that was a big burger i got at five guys.
9. emily calls her dog an asshole and ignores him all day if he pees on the floor.
10. i have faith that we can get jennifer drunk again (but the phone is off limits...no blank texts, and more importantly no "kinda weird" texts)
11. all it takes is good music, a good friend, and anything that will double as a microphone and the drive is not bad at all.
12. i got to keep my phone on silent all weekend.
13. i learned the importance of being in good company since the girls didn't have cable or internet.
14. i liked going to bars where you can sit and drink.... 4 bottles of wine between three of you, if you wish.
15. i loved emily and jennifer's friends (chris hardy taught me some new phrases, doug amused me with his thumbs down take on a certain conversation, jackie made me laugh when she talked about cuddling post-hook up, and steve's impersonation of a girl i've never even met made me laugh everytime).
16. even though i hate to admit it, i enjoyed walking everywhere.
17. i loved georgetown.
18. i learned that i like sushi. (check.)
19. it's the only place i've ever been shopping where the sale's clerk discourages you from buying a top (um..it looks oily to me).
20. the only traffic I saw was always on the opposite side of the interstate (which was not unlike my experience with rain. If it's raining, it always stops when i go out. I swear. Christian Cotter likes to call this "the world revolves around megan" theory, and i never agreed. I told him, "not the world, christian. just the weather." but since my experience with the traffic, i'm not so sure it stops at rain).

5 Comments:

Blogger charlsiekate said...

I'm so jealous!!! AGGGHHHHH. I like to type words that sound like sounds. Like Rawr. They make me feel better.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like ya'll had so much fun!!!! Megan you should wait and go back in August because that is when I am going...Charlsie, I agree with you about making words on the computer sound like sounds...errrrrrrr...i'm very jealous too!!! Unfortunately, I am not a "blogger"...makes me feel a little left out...

2:21 PM  
Blogger charlsiekate said...

Mary Beth, you too can be a blogger. It is free. Or, if you want to you can just set up an account that lets you have a picture when you leave comments.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww megggss! i want to go back!! that blog just made me laugh really hard and made me miss emily and jennifer and all their friends so much. hahah we really did have so much fun! ROAD TRIP!!!!

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok i dont understand this blog business.... but i wrote that last thing...

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home