Monday, September 26, 2005

st. simons: the love of my life...

So, of course when my aunt called to ask if I wanted to take some friends to stay at her beach house this past weekend I said ummmmmm yeah! Emily, Me, Will, Ben, PW, Scott, Bill, KellySinque, Ashlee, Erin and Elinor all went down to st. simons...

As soon as i cross that bridge and take that right onto kingsway every worry I might have previously had disappears. Really, it's impossible to drive down that road and be sad about anything. It's oil and water. We got to the house, and emily and I couldnt' wait to get out of the car. Will and Ben had been drinking since about Sandersville and their only rush to get out of the car was to pee. I told them they could drink but " I'm not stopping for you all to pee...just use a cup" We unpacked, drank a few beers and walked to Brogens since my aunt's house is just down the road it's off of. Well, when we walked in there was a total of about 10 people there. This actually pleased us: we were all the fun we needed and there was definitely enough room to have it. We played shuffle board, photo hunt and even branched out and tried to play some word jumble game. We were having a great time, but it was clear that we did not fit in with the crowd there. Aside from ga/fl and summer, we truly just aren't welcome. Here are some ways the brogen's patrons let us know we were in their territory:

...the local wearing the 'who's your daddy' shirt challenged the boys to a game of shuffleboard. the winner buys the loser a beer. he lost and there was no beer bought for my boys.

...i went to the bathroom and since the 2 stalls were full i just waited by the sink area. when one of the girls came out she rolled her eyes at me. I took my place in the stall and just when i was thinking of how hateful that was she started talking about me! She said to her friend, "hey jennifer. we were not alone just now with that conversation. You know that girl in that blue shirt! Yeah...well she's in here." I didn't know if it was appropriate or not for me to then introduce myself to jennifer and ask if i could call her jen, so i just kept my mouth shut. Or actually open, jaw-dropped style. But i didn't say anything. I just waited for jennifer and friend to leave the bathroom.

...Scott goes to order a drink and the bartender informs him that "BTW, tomorrow night it will be even more crowded and so you and your friends will probably want to go to rafters...that's more your crowd."

Friday we spent all day at the beach. We went home around 6 and started grilling out, waiting for the rest of our party to arrive. When they did Kelly was wasted from drinking the whole way. This is a rare thing, to see her like that so I was amused the entire night. From her asking me if she could use my toothbrush and giving me a 10 minute explanation about how we can sanitize it to her passing out in the middle of our screw your neighbor game, she kept me entertained (you can see pictures of this on ashlee's webshots soon: http://community.webshots.com/user/adunck22

Saturday we played on the beach again and then went to dinner at BoneFish. It was a fabulous meal. PW and I split the grouper and tuna. I'm glad augusta has one now. I'll have to get my dad to take me on a date. We went back and watched the game while Elinor got drunk by herself. Here are some reasons we knew Elinor was drunk...

....she mentions that if anyone is getting up she would love another beer. Noone responds (we are in a room full of boys watching football...hello). So she mentions it again, thinking they hadn't heard her. Erin, as usual, told elinor she would get her a beer (she was voted most polite in high school). I explained to elinor, "You know erin isn't getting up for any other reason than to get you a beer, right?" Elinor, in typical OCD fashion (not to be confused with obsessive compulsive disorder--this is a rare disease that explains most of elinor smith's actions: Only Child Disorder), doesn't tell erin nevermind, doesn't even make an " aww that is so sweet of you to do that" face, no, elinor just says " well thanks, erin."

...the boys start getting upset at the game and screaming mean things at the t.v. at one point bill says, "WHO CAN I CALL ABOUT THIS!" to which Elinor responds "Call ___ (insert crush's name here)!!! See what he's doing!"

...finally, she yells (whispering isn't her thing) to ashlee to ask if she farted.

Sunday we cleaned then said bye. We listened to Because of You by Kelly Clarkson only once on the way home, which was quite an improvement from the ride down there.

My pictures will be up soon:

http://community.webshots.com/user/meganmattingly100

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home