Tuesday, July 26, 2005

babysitting woes continued...

I haven't babysat all of July, but Lauren was out of town this week so i'm filling in. It feels like i never left...and that's not a good thing. For one, i seem to be behind on the new "rules." Yesterday I was getting william a bottle and much to my dismay, none were made. This, of course, confused me since Mary is always on top of things. There is usually at least 20 bottles already made, and they are arranged in order of freshness (and there is also a note on the refrigerator shelf in case one were to forget the arrangement). There is even instructions posted on the microwave oven as to how long his bottle should be heated up for (we've come a long way since I started last fall...from 24 seconds to 42 seconds--she's a specific woman). So, when i went to get a bottle and found none made I was completely thrown off. I called Mary and she was on the boat with no service so I got her voicemail. I scrounged around and finally found a can of formula in the back of the pantry and made a bottle. When he finished she called to say he drinks regular milk now. Great.

Today I think i'm being a good babysitter and I turn the channel to some cartoon network and about 20 minutes into the program jackson informs me that "lazy town is a dumb baby show...i'm not supposed to watch it, and if dumb babies mothers let them watch it then that's fine, but i dont like it." This kind of response from a three year old can only be a product of what his parents told him, so again...great. I'm poisoning their bodies as well as their minds. Good thing Lauren comes back on Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home