Monday, October 17, 2005

I can't wait until next week!

I know my friends are tired of hearing me say "Oh my gosh, can you believe that we will be in St. Simons next week!!!!!!!!!?" But I can't quit saying it...or thinking it. I absolutely love GA/FL weekend. I try to describe it to people who have never been or who have no concept of what the largest outdoor cocktail party consists of, but unless you've experienced it firsthand you can't truly appreciate what it's like to experience georgia/florida weekend. I have experienced the weekend from several angles: going with a boyfriend, going with sorority sisters, staying with boys and girls, staying in jacksonville, staying in st. simons, staying in a house that sleeps 18, staying in a 2 double bed hotel room, the beach on fridays (my absolute favorite), driving to the game from st. simons, taking a fraternity bus to the game from st. simons (last year I was still drunk at 9:30 a.m. and actually wrecked Kelly's car on the way to the bus...everything turned out fine though--I hit a ga fan), tailgating in a deserted parking lot with hundreds of fraternity boys, tailgating alocohol-free with parents, tailgating in the back of ashlee's car, sitting in the endzone at the game, sitting in the nosebleed section with the students at the game, leaving the game early to ride around on a golfcart with some florida fans...The only things i haven't experienced are going to "the landing" in jacksonville (not to offend anyone who might enjoy this, but from what i've heard I think i would rather stay home and wash my hair than go hang out at the landing), also I haven't experienced tailgating on a yacht (this, unlike the landing, is an experience i would love to say i've enjoyed). Maybe this year.

All I know for sure is that next wednesday we will check into the beachclub. Next thursday you can find me drinking mimosas on the beach with hundreds of fellow students. Next thursday night you can probably find me at Brogen's or Rafters. Next friday you will find me on the beach again. Next friday night we'll probably be having a party at the condo. Next Saturday I will be on yet another fraternity bus on the way to the game. Next Saturday night, if I'm lucky, I'll still be partying. And next Sunday we'll be on our way home...and maybe this year we'll stop again to check out the country's smallest church and if Mot's really lucky we'll stop in Augusta for some of the best Mexican food in Georgia.

1 Comments:

Blogger charlsiekate said...

Hey, when are you going down on wednesday? Think I might could hitch a ride?

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home