Tuesday, October 11, 2005

things I realized/learned this week...

I can't write "receive" without reciting in my head " i before e, except after c"

My mom was proposed to by 5 different guys. She said yes to three, accepted rings from two and married one. I think of how it must be hard to date someone seriously, have them ask you to marry them and then say no. Or how hard it must be to date someone seriously, have them ask you to marry them, say yes and then later...no. When she told me about it I learned more than just everyone wanted my mom, I learned that my mom must be one of the bravest women I know. I hope that I can be that conscious of my true feelings when it comes time for me to wed. I mean she obviously picked the best guy out there...and she had at least 4 others to choose from.

Having two midterms on the same day is a procrastinator's worst fear realized.

I live with 3 of the coolest girls in Athens.

There is a strong positive correlation between those who like crosswords and those who like math. Really, I thought about it and researched it tonight at the SLC. My study consisted of at least 4 participants and my results indicate that I'm right.

Ready for the best revelation of all?....
"Because of You" by Kelly Clarkson is not about a guy who did her wrong. Although lyrics such as "because of you, I learn to play on the safe side so I dont get hurt..." would lead one to believe she's singing about a guy who hurt her. It's okay if you fell victim to this belief. I did too. I mean all of her other songs are about a guy who broke her heart...Since You've Been Gone, Breakaway, Behind These Hazel Eyes, etc. I thought this was just another in a long string of man-hating songs. HOWEVER, I was always a little confused with what she could mean when she says " I was so young, you should have known better than to lean on me..." I'm like uhh...was she dating some 45 year old man experiencing some sort of mid-life crisis? Nope. Actually, my friend Whitney pointed out that she's talking about........her dad! Isn't that great? If you know the song and thought it was about a guy, listen to it again...the pieces will fall into place. If you haven't heard the song at all, then download it. If you're ashlee dunckel and this realization made you like the song less then get a life. If you're ben broome and this realization made you depressed because the thought of Kelly Clarkson coming from a broken home is more than you can bear then seriously get a life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, to figure that one out all you had to do was watch the music video!!! :) which im sure is what whitney did?!!?

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home