Monday, June 13, 2005

i finally did it!

Never before in the entire history of my experience with the blog have i been so compelled to write. I finally did it. I threw on a sports bra, my tennis shoes and my walkman and went (solo!) for a 25 minute walk/5 minute run. For those of you who know me well, that is if you haven't fainted and are still reading, you know this is serious news. I am so proud of myself, I can barely stop smiling. I imagine this is what people feel like when they reach the top of Mount Everest or something, as this is about as big a feat for me as that would be for a mountain climber. Seriously. I can count on both hands the amount of times i've exercised in my entire life, and the amount of times i've gone by myself has reached an alltime high of one.

There were times when i thought i wasn't going to make it. One really low point in the trip was when i realized that for the past 10 minutes i had breezed down a record-breaking hill. A hill i would soon have to walk up. I almost sat down to take a break, then I talked myself out of it. Another time when I thought God was going a little far with testing my patience was when so icy came on. I was going on my 15th consecutive minute of imagining how good my ice cold water would taste when i got home, then a song about ice. I thought i'd die. But all it took was one look at myself then a moment of reflection upon how i looked this time last summer, and I was back on the road again.

I was actually so out of shape that by the time i reached my apartment my fingers were so swollen it hurt to make a fist (i'm sure this has to do with being hydrated or something--but still goes along with the theme of how i dont take care of myself), my head was soaked, my breathing (i imagine) sounded much like a woman in her 36th hour of labor, and my legs were so weak i tripped about ten times from the entrance of towneclub to the entrance of my apartment.

However, in spite of all this, I am still very proud of myself and I will (if i'm able to walk) go again tomorrow. Maybe I'll get so good at this walking thing that I will be one of those people who actually likes working out. Or maybe! this whole workout madness will get so out of hand that I'll be forced to get a mini ipod. Or what if, just what if, I can get so in shape I can run on Milledge with nothing but a sports bra and some soffe shorts. I'm only kidding, surely working out wont turn me into a Milledge whore. But, on a serious note, maybe if i'm really lucky i'll be able to last for 40 minutes tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home