Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Although I was brilliant enough to somehow manage to stretch my college career out for longer than 4 years, I am still feeling the pangs of graduation sadness approaching because some of my friends were not as smart as me. I dont understand why everyone can't stay at least an extra semester. Luckily, ashlee, kelly, caroline, whitney, mot, sallie, kelly, and katie ramsey are all still going to be here. Lucky for me, too, that I have a special place in my heart for younger boys. But, still, some of my best friends are going to be packing up in May and moving to their respective cities and I am going to be really sad.

And the worst part of the situation is that everyday I am reminded of their up and coming departures. It's like we can't even enjoy the last 2 full months that they have left in the best city on Earth. I mean I called my friend Erin the other day to ask her a simple question, it had nothing to do with May, nothing to do with caps or gowns and nothing to do with departures: I needed to know if she was switching out with ashlee at 12: 05. She didn't answer and I was preparing myself to leave her a message. Out of nowhere I hear, "Hi, you have reached the voicemail of Erin Jackson. I am unable to answer your call, so please leave your name, number and brief message and I will call you back" What happened to "Hey, it's Erin. Leave a message"? Of course I know what happened to it: graduation. We all need professional answering machines now. Ugh.

Because I was deathly ill today and there were new episodes of Entourage just released OnDemand, Ashlee and I decided to waste the day on the couch. I have spent countless days of my college career doing this same thing. Again, out of nowhere, in walks Kelly in a business suit complaining about the career fair and how she didn't give her resume out to anyone. I almost felt relieved. Good, she's no closer to getting a job, which means she's not closer to leaving us for a different life. Of course, I would be happy for her to have had a successful trip, but I take any sort of relief I can get.

Jared's getting acceptance letters from Law Schools, Ben just got into MCG, Emily has applied for two nursing jobs in Charleston, Mae has a dinner date with an accounting firm on Thursday, Bizzy is thinking of joining the Peace Corps, Elinor wants a job in magazine journalism in NYC, Paul Welch is going for his sixth interview with a real estate firm this weekend, Scott is thinking of entering into some program at Ga State in Atlanta, Erin hopefully has an interview in PR down in Jacksonville, Samantha will be hearing from Physical Therapy schools soon, and me....well, I am just concerned that 6 month leases will run out before we've had time to sign one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home