Tuesday, February 14, 2006

case in point!

Not only is my valentine's day not ruined because of unmet expectations, but it's actually better because of. Did I wake up this morning and think my sweet neighbor Christian is going to bring over a box of chocolates? Did I think when I get to work my favorite little boys in class will have a present for me? Did I think the love of my life Benton Johnson will send me a text asking if I'll be his Valentine? Or my long lost friend from Wake Forest would leave me a message asking if I could be his GA Valentine? Or that my brother would send me a text message saying "Happy Valentines Day Nigga?" That Charlie would bring over a bouquet of flowers and a card for the apartment? That the boys upstairs would get us flowers, too? That Towneclub would give us sour straws (in the shade of pink, of course)?

No, I did not. And that made it that much sweeter.

1 Comments:

Blogger charlsiekate said...

Gosh, I'm glad for the second post - after the first post I was a little depressed at all the terrible possibilities for disappointment. I'm surprised more people don't kill themselves on valentine's day.

But I agree that expectations are the worst - it is better to not have them. I also had a spectacular day - and I'm glad you did too!

Let's hang out soon! Love you!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home